Monday, July 4, 2011

Riley is coming home today

Riley is doing great with all of her post op recovery. She is back to her usual playful self and is healing nicely after all of the procedures. She has been tolerating feeding directly into her stomach with no issues and we have been working up to a rate with her feeding pump that is almost twice what she was previously able to tolerate when feeds were going into her small intestine (Success! This was one of the main goals of her stomach operation). It is never easy to have to gonthrough stuff like this and spending some many days in the hospital is not top on my list of things to do but we could not be more thankful for the amazing staff at Wolfson's Children's Hospital PICU. They all treat Riley like a princess and take such good care of us while we are here. We are planning on going home sometime today and Riley could not be more excited. She has been telling me all morning about all of the stuff she is going to play with her big brother once we get home. We are so happy and relieved that her procedures and recovery all went so well. And we are so very thankful for all of the prayer, support, and Starbucks from everyone over the past several days. And one last thing that I want to share - which is by far the highlight of my week. After her feed this morning Riley told me that she was full! I gotta be honest, I cried. With all of her reflux and aspiration problems she has been eating into her small intestine for over to years and this is the first time she has ever been able tontell me that she actually feels full! I am so very thankful that everything has gone well and we have a full, happy tummy to prove it!

:) Becca

1 comment:

Vimax said...

I really enjoy reading your articles. thanks for sharing information Vimax